Thursday, April 11, 2019

Blog Entry 9


Nathaniel Wright Blog Review

I read over Nathaniel’s latest three blog posts, and am very impressed. His tone while writing is very mature, and detailed. He has a unique perspective about these tales which shines through his writing. I think his blog is done very well, and I enjoyed reading his unique interpretation of these tales.


The first blog post I read of Nathaniel’s is, Rags to Riches. He talks about Disney’s Cinderella, and the modern Cinderella story Pretty Woman. I really like the flow of this blog. He begins with an interesting first paragraph, which makes me want to continue. Then he briefly describes the two films in similarities and differences. Then he talks about exact details from the films, and relates them back to the topic. Finally, he concludes this blog with real life explanation. I really like how he talks about how the Cinderella story may be less common today, but not impossible. I wish he would have included a picture in this blog entry, but overall this entry is very good.

The next blog entry I read is, Bluebeard. I see that Nathaniel included two photographs in this blog entry, which is good. His beginning paragraph is full of wit, and humor. His style of writing is unique, and attention grabbing. He also has very good diction, and seems like a gifted writer. I also really like how he includes other stories and films that follow the same pattern as Bluebeard. He included titles like, Mr. Fox, which is his favorite out of the examples he gave. I really enjoyed reading this blog. It was unique, and interesting. His writing is easy to follow, and is entertaining.


The last blog post by Nathaniel that I read was, Child Heroes. In this blog post, he again starts with a unique hook, to draw a reader in. He has very good starting paragraphs, and uses humor, quotes, and personality in his writing. I like this because you can see the individualism in his writing, which makes the blog posts much for fun to read. The only difference in this blog from the others, is it is a bit shorter in length. This is not necessarily a bad thing, because with length in writing often comes repetition. I think he may be could have analyzed a little bit more, and extended the length, but overall this is again, a solid blog entry.

Nathaniel’s blogs are captivating, unique, humorous, and overall a strong example of his amazing writing skills. His personality shines through his words, and I really enjoyed reading over his interpretation of these fairy tales. 

Photo source: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment