Monday, May 6, 2019

Blog Entry 13


Final Blog Post
            Throughout the spring semester in Folk and Fairy Tale class I have written 12 blogs, this being my 13th and final blog post. Looking back through the blogs, really reminded me how much material was covered this semester and how much I learned. Coming into this class I really knew nothing regarding folks and fairy tales. I was familiar with most Disney films, but had no idea where these stories originated, the different variations, and the cultural affects.
            Each week we focused on a different story, or culture. We listened to many talented guest speakers, had many group discussions, worked through group activities, completed a term paper, and compiled a blog; with a new post every week.
            My favorite blog posts that I completed were blog post 5, and blog post 6. Blog post 5 was called, “Sonne music clip reflection.” I really enjoyed being able to analyze this music video, from my own viewpoint. I thought it was very interesting and fun to try and make sense of the mysterious symbols, and details. At first, I found this music video to be creepy, and odd; but the more I watched and found details that related to my interpretation I realized how genius it truly was.
            I also really loved my blog post 6. Blog post 6 was called, “Rags to Riches.” This blog discussed the similarities and differences between Disney’s, “Cinderella,” and the iconic film, “Pretty Women.” This blog was so fun to me because it reminded me of my mom. My mom and I used to watch “Pretty Women” together all the time; it is her favorite movie. Again, I really enjoy analyzing films, and looking for symbols and unique variations between these two Cinderella stories.

            Overall, I have learned so much throughout this semester. It was challenging at times, I had to reread stories often to truly comprehend what was being said, and sometimes struggled to follow all class discussions. It was also very time consuming material. Reading takes me a while, and being assigned many readings was challenging for me to finish in time. I tried my best to read all material, and fully comprehend it before class, but sometimes the connection was not made.
            I really enjoyed learning about folks and fairy tales, and respect these stories so much more now. I now know how important it is to read to children, and let their imaginations understand stories in their own way. I hope to continue learning about folk and fairy tales, and use the knowledge I have learned in everyday life.

Photo Source: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment